Saturday, February 11, 2012

BabyCakes Apple Cider Donut Holes - 1 pt each

My Mom got my sister and I the Babycakes cake pop maker for Christmas.  I have used it for cake pops and tried it out this morning for donuts.  Since donuts aren't great on my Weight Watcher points - this is a great alternative because it bakes them.  They are 1 pt each - but it helps get over my donut craving with out going to crazy.


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

Cinnamon-Sugar Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
add vegetable oil, egg, and apple cider and stir until well blended
Fill each cooking reservoir with 1 tablespoon of batter
Bake 4-5 minutes
Immediately toss hot donut holes in the sugar cinnamon topping

Makes 3 dozen - each 1 pt

No comments:

Post a Comment