Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year New Diet

I'm currently at my heavist weight baby free.  I did get a little heavier than I am right now with both my pregnancies - but I was well into my last trimester! The last year and half I have gained 40 lbs.  So one of my friends and I joined weight watchers - I had my first meeting.  I found trying to do it by myself is not working - so hopefully this will help me to drop some of the weight.  My goal is 60 lbs.  I am loving all the technolodgy weight watchers has now to help you keep track.  Hopefully that will make it easier for me.  Here is what I made for dinner tonight, it is Lemon Dill Chicken skewers we had it with fresh green beans.  Both were very yummy.  Nice to know that only the chicken counted as points too.
The way I cooked these is I sliced chicken breasts and removed all the skin and put them on skewers.
 I used dried dill - fresh probably would be better but I didn't have any in the house.  Then I poured lemon juice over them - again fresh would probably make it even better.  Then I cooked them in the oven (a little to chilly to use the grille tonight) and baked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

They turned out really yummy!  1 cup equals 5 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment