Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweets - not so sweet on the diet!!

I am a huge fan of sugar!  And all things made from it.  Since I started Weight Watchers I have really worked hard to stay away from it.  I stopped drinking Dr Pepper - which is huge for me.  There were several days I had more than one 44 oz.  Plus I love chocolate - oh how I love it.  And until tonight my only chocolate was that of Weight Watchers snacks that contained it and they were a total of 2 pts and very small - but got me threw any cravings.  Well we ate out tonight and all the kids got cookies and brownies and I went ahead and got one.  After I plugged in the information in my phone app - that one cookie was 10 points.  This is the same as a 8 oz filet mignon.  How crazy is that!!  And to think I was probably eating at least 1 everyday of those or more!!  I really thought I was doing good watching my food before Weight Watchers - but clearly I was not!!  I hope my numbers keep going down.  I have a long way to go - but seeing that I can get by without the Dr Pepper and sweets, makes me feel really good.  I hope by the end of this year, I am one of those crazy health people that doesn't want anything bad in my system and knows exactly how bad everything out there is for me.  I'm really learning a lot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment